Viterra relies on Schneider Electric hardware and software as part of its overall plan to operate at a rate that can satisfy the world’s ever-increasing demand for food.
We’re very proud of what we’ve done – where we’ve been. We started from a small business over 100 years ago and we’re a global company today.
Paul Bourlon, Manager Automation Services
As Canada’s grain industry leader, Viterra markets and moves millions of tons of grain, oilseeds and pulses to over 50 countries across the globe each year.
When farmers partner with Viterra, they become part of a tradition that spans more than a century. And part of that tradition has been a long-standing relationship with Schneider Electric hardware and software products.
- Operate at rated capacity across multiple geographically dispersed facilities.
- Expedite shipping efforts by adopting leaner, more efficient load-in practices.
- Establish scalable operational practices to meet increased demand for grain across global distribution channels.
Solutions & Products
- Wonderware System Platform
- Wonderware InTouch
- Wonderware Historian
- Lack of process standardization across multiple facilities limited production visibility and quality assurance.
- As systems became dated, production requirements were outgrowing system capacity.
- Varying expertise required by operators increased the training time and learning curve for new workforce, and threatened consistent production quality across sites.
- 10% increase in shipping efficiency, shaving 45-60 seconds off load-in for each car.
- 40% decrease in rail receiving time by implementing standardized instrumentation and operator controls.
- System development cycle has been shortened from 4 months to 4 weeks.
Please download the ‘Viterra’ Success Story to read more